Request for bids: Heavy equipment
JCDOT is hiring! Are you looking for a seasonal winter job to help pay bills? JCDOT is now accepting applications for snowplow drivers/laborers. For more information, click here.
Since 1912 the Jackson County Department of Transportation has strived to provide the best service possible to its residents.
To report safety or emergency situations, the Jackson County Department of Transportation can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (517) 788-4230.
JCDOT has created this site as an informational tool to keep Jackson County residents and visitors up-to-date on issues and news. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or road related concern.
- Devereaux Road Closure, Parma Township - On Friday, October 21, 2016, Jackson County Department of Transportation crews plan to close Devereaux Road, from M-99 to the Calhoun County Line, for a cross culvert replacement. No detour will be posted, and motorists are advised to use an alternate route. The road is expected to reopen by 5:00 p.m. the same day, with a new culvert in place.
- Fifth Street Update, October 11, 2016 - Merlo Contracting will complete concrete curbs and sidewalks today. They will also pour a test area of stamped concrete today. Once the test area is approved by the township, Merlo will continue with the stamped concrete. The push button signal peds which control sidewalk lights, are installed.
- Dearing Road partial closures, Sandstone Charter and Spring Arbor Townships - Spring Arbor Township has contracted with Perceptive Services and Controls, to perform sewer repairs and upgrades on Wednesday, October 12, through Friday, October 14, 2016, on Dearing Road. Work will begin at 6pm and end at 2am, the following day. Sections of the road will be barricaded during these times. The sewer repairs and upgrades will begin south of I-94, and will end at King Road, to the south.
- Wolf Lake Road Closure, Napoleon Township - On Wednesday, October 12, 2016, Jackson County Department of Transportation crews plan to close Wolf Lake Road, between Sharon Valley Road and Austin Road, for a cross culvert replacement. No detour will be posted, and motorists are advised to use an alternate route. The road is expected to reopen by 5pm the same day, with a new culvert in place.
- Dearing Road railroad crossing closure (Update) - After being open for only two days since rail modifications were made, the railroad crossing on North Dearing Road, between Cuff Road and East Michigan Avenue, will be closed indefinitely due to safety concerns. This location is between the City of Jackson and the Village of Parma. MDOT rail division has completed their evaluation of the work performed by their contractor, and has concluded the upgrades that were made need to be addressed. Jackson County Department of Transportation does not perform rail upgrades. The crossing was previously closed on September 19, 2016. No further information is available at this time.
Robinson Road Closure, Summit Township
The Jackson County Department of Transportation will be closing Robinson Road, between Kibby Road and Spring Arbor Road, for a cross culvert replacement starting Monday, October 10, 2016. Read more >>
About the Robinson Rd. pavement markings
Thermoplastic is a process where paint is heated to 500°, and then applied to pavement. Read more >>
Michigan's first 'Road Bee Day'
Public roads may be the one link that connects all Michigan residents and visitors. Whether you are a licensed driver or not, roads, bridges, and streets are a vital part of getting where you need to go.
Read more >>