NOW HIRING: The Jackson County Department of Transportation (JCDOT) is accepting applications for seasonal engineering interns. For more information, click here.
Request for bids: Cutting edges
Since 1912 the Jackson County Department of Transportation has strived to provide the best service possible to its residents.
To report safety or emergency situations, the Jackson County Department of Transportation can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (517) 788-4230.
JCDOT has created this site as an informational tool to keep Jackson County residents and visitors up-to-date on issues and news. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or road related concern.
Fifth Street beautification project update
On May 26, work began on the Fifth Street beautification project in Michigan Center, Leoni Township. For more information, click here.
- Dearing Road Closure, Spring Arbor Township - On Thursday, July 28, 2016, Jackson County Department of Transportation crews plan to close Dearing Road at approximately 7:30am, between McCain Road and King Road, for a cross culvert replacement.
No detour route will be posted and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being completed. The road is expected to be reopened by 5pm.
- Hewitt Road Closure with traffic regulators, Columbia Township -
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016, Jackson County Department of Transportation crews plan to close a portion of Hewitt Road at the curve, between Jefferson Road and Turk Road, for a cross culvert replacement. Traffic regulators will be directing motorists through a one lane, alternate route around the curve. The road is expected to reopen by 5pm the same day, with a new culvert in place.
- Robinson Road project update -
Some residents have asked why it looks like their single-car driveway entrances are being made smaller. Crews are cutting some driveways on the west side of Robinson Road to prepare for curbing. The narrow width that has been cut for some driveways is temporary. Crews are making a temporary "path" for residents to drive on while concrete curbing is installed on Wednesday and Thursday of this week, weather permitting. The concrete needs time to cure, or to become hard. All driveways will be returned to normal widths. As a reminder, the car tags that have been distributed to residents only need to be displayed while in the construction zone. Please do not display them on your rear view mirror. Tags are best left on the dash.
Railroad Street Closure, Rives Junction -
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016, Jackson County Department of Transportation crews plan to close Railroad Street, also known as Rives Junction Road, between Cook Street and High Street, for a cross culvert replacement, weather permitting. No detour route will be posted and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being completed. The road is expected to be reopened by 5pm.
Michigan's first 'Road Bee Day'
Public roads may be the one link that connects all Michigan residents and visitors. Whether you are a licensed driver or not, roads, bridges, and streets are a vital part of getting where you need to go.
Read more >>
- In Leoni Township, Greenwood Road between Portage Road and Willis Road is closed due to a culvert failure. The road will remain closed for approximately six weeks for repairs. Motorists are advised to use the posted Knight Road detour.
- For information on the Robinson Rd. reconstruction project,
- Summit and Blackman Townships, Robinson Road reconstruction project:
Effective immediately, Robinson Road between W. Michigan Avenue and McCain Road will be closed to all through traffic for road reconstruction work. Only local traffic, emergency vehicles, mail delivery vehicles and school busses will be allowed through the construction zone, and are advised to drive with extreme caution. The road reconstruction work is expected to be completed by the end of August.
- On Monday, June 6, as part of the bridge work along I-94 in Jackson County, M-99 and Gibbs Road, just east of Albion, will be closed. Bridge work is also expected to begin on Lansing Road over I-94 in Jackson. The bridge beams were damaged last year as the result of a bridge hit by an oversized truck. For more information,