NOW HIRING: The Jackson County Department of Transportation (JCDOT) is accepting applications for seasonal engineering interns. For more information, click here.
Since 1912 the Jackson County Department of Transportation has strived to provide the best service possible to its residents.
To report safety or emergency situations, the Jackson County Department of Transportation can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (517) 788-4230.
JCDOT has created this site as an informational tool to keep Jackson County residents and visitors up-to-date on issues and news. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or road related concern.
- Baseline Road Closure, Tompkins Township - JCDOT crews plan to close Baseline Road, between Walker Road and Rives Eaton Road, on Monday, September 26, 2016, at approximately 7:30am, for culvert repair. No detour route will be posted, and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being undertaken. The work is expected to be completed by the end of the day, weather permitting.
- Fifth Street Project Update, September 21, 2016 - The Merlo Construction crew is on site today. They are making saw cuts to remove original curb, and portions of sidewalk. They will also be removing 125 feet of old sidewalk on the west side of Fifth Street, between Broad Street and Lockwood Street. Light poles are expected to be delivered near the end of the month.
About the Robinson Rd. pavement markings
Thermoplastic is a process where paint is heated to 500°, and then applied to pavement. Read more >>
- Robinson Road Update, September 21, 2016 - A message from Daniel Valdez, Surveyor/Engineering Specialist, Retired: Thank you, to the residents in the Robinson Road Reconstruction Project neighborhood for your cooperation and understanding, while this task was completed. This much needed infrastructure improvement will serve our community for many years. We have just a few things left to complete, including removing barrels, erecting road signs, site clean-up and the final inspection.
Robinson Road Update, September 20, 2016
To encourage recently planted grass seed to sprout, residents should water it regularly. Moist soil is critical to helping seedlings grow and flourish. Read more >>
- Michigan Avenue Closure, Leoni Township - JCDOT crews will close Michigan Avenue, between Portage Road and Hayball Road, on Thursday, September 22, 2016, at approximately 7:30am. The closure is needed for the cleaning and repair of catch basins, and viaduct maintenance. No detour route will be posted, and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being undertaken. The work is expected to be completed before the end of the day, weather permitting.
- Sandstone Charter Township railroad crossing closure - US Trackworks, LLC, the railroad construction contractor chosen to perform railroad track renewal work in Jackson County, is planning to close the railroad crossing on North Dearing Road, between Cuff Road and East Michigan Avenue, on September 19, 2016. This location is between the City of Jackson and the Village of Parma. Crews will be working on pavement regrading and replacement. Improvements to track panel and rail will also be made, if needed. Detour signs will be posted for both vehicles and pedestrians. This project is expected to be completed October 1, 2016.
Michigan's first 'Road Bee Day'
Public roads may be the one link that connects all Michigan residents and visitors. Whether you are a licensed driver or not, roads, bridges, and streets are a vital part of getting where you need to go.
Read more >>